Hi, How could I search parent issues whose subtask meet certain condition

Shiwei Zhu January 3, 2014

There are some other teams create subtasks in their board and than assign it to my team members.

But the scrum board only show standard task but not sub task in plan mode.

I want to create a filter to search all parent issues whose subtask meet certain condition, is it possible without any additional plugin?

For example, I need some approach to realize:

find_parent_issue_of (issuetype in subtaskIssueTypes() AND assignee = currentUser() AND resolution = Unresolved)

Thanks,

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2014

Since you are using OnDemand you have the possibility to get this data externally. Two choices which I would follow:

1. Use one of the chrome plugins like tamper money and embed a small script which can get the REST data of the JQL (sample JQL here) and extract the issue-id of the parent task from the result
  2. Simple run a curl in the command line and parse the output of the same REST output
Shiwei Zhu January 6, 2014

Great! I will try it.

1 vote
Andy Nguyen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2014

Hi Shiwei,

As far as I know, there's no built-in JQL query that can help you to do so and the only way that I'm aware of is already recommended by Udo but unfortunately you're using OnDemand which does not support Script Runner.

At this stage I can only help you to raise a new feature request ticket in our JIRA forum but it may take time for the request to be addressed. Kindly let me know your opinion.

Regards,

Andy

Hi, Andy

It seems I have to handle this case manually.

Anyway thanks for your reply!

Hope your team can help to implement the feature in near feature.

Thanks,

Shiwei

Shiwei Zhu January 5, 2014

Hi, Andy

I will appreciate if you can help to add the feature to your feature queue.

Thanks a lot,

Shiwei

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2014

if you are not on JIRA OnDemand you could use the script runner plugin. This has a jql function which can achieve this, see: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+JQL+Functions#ScriptedJQLFunctions-parentsOf%28Subquery%29

Thank you, but I'm using OnDemand now...

Is there an alternative way by using the original JQL function?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2014

I'm afraid with standard JQL this is not possible.

0 votes
Shamee November 15, 2017

The below JQL can be used to filter the Stories which are in certain status based on the subtask status
issuefunction in subtasksOf("sprint in openSprints() AND issuetype = Story and status!= \"In Progress\"") AND project = "XY" AND statusCategory in ("In Progress")

Suggest an answer