• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Hey! I set up our Jira account and added minimum/maximum to workflow steps. How can I make sure that not more tickets come into the step I gave a maximum?

Hey! I set up our Jira account and added minimum/maximum to workflow steps. How can I make sure that not more tickets come into the step I gave a maximum?

Ingrid van Veelen May 11, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Advanced workflow configuration

Hey! I set up our Jira account and added minimum/maximum to workflow steps. How can I make sure that not more tickets come into the step I gave a maximum?

2 answers

0 votes
Ingrid van Veelen May 13, 2016

Schermafbeelding 2016-05-13 om 11.54.53.png

I'm sorry for being unclear! I was indeed talking about minima and maxima and for I am new to Jira, workflow seemed like a logical place for me to search for the option.

In your answer you  say that the issues should not be moveable to the column anymore. That is not really the case on my board or I have entered the restrictions in the wrong way. As you can see on the screenshot I added a column "Groom" with a maxima of 1 issue (for this test) and added two issues to it. A red line does appear in the overview but I can still move the issues. I was wondering if my settings are wrong or it is just not possible to make the maxima binding? 

Ingrid van Veelen May 13, 2016

These are my settings btwSchermafbeelding 2016-05-13 om 12.07.15.png

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2016

I'm not sure what you mean by "added minimum/maximum to workflow steps".  If you mean you have defined a board with columns that have minima and maxima (which is not done in the workflow at all), then you'll find you cannot move issues across the board in a way that would take the columns out of the range you've specified.  It's done for you.

Suggest an answer