Herzum Approval Plugin causing error in search navigator

Alan Czysz August 19, 2014

We recently installed the Herzum Approval plug-in (1.0.2-GA-6.0-6.2) in our instance of JIRA. Now, when a user navigates to the Issue Search Screen, a red box appears stating that an error has occurred and the screen enters an infinite refresh loop. The problem occurs using the "Detail" view for the search screen, but not the "List" view. If we disable the Herzum Approval plug-in (or even just the "approval-panel" module), the error goes away. We've checked the JIRA application logs and cannot find any error being recorded.

We've observed the same problem in two different installs, one running JIRA 6.2.2 and another running 6.2.7.

Has anyone else seen this behavior using the Herzum Approval Plugin? If not, any suggestions on where else to look to find the error?

3 answers

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2014

Hi Alan/Chris,

thanks for contacting us. We are working on Approval Compatibility on JIRA 6.3. We will take a look at your raised bugs and we will provide a new version asap.

@Chris Stemen, uninstalling plugin issue has been fixed on 1.0.3-GA-6.0-6.2 version.

Thank you very much for reporting your experience on our plugin.

Best Regards,

Fabio Racobaldo

0 votes
Chris Stemen November 19, 2014

Another issue I forgot to mention. Uninstalling the plugin DOES NOT completely remove some condition statements in the workflows you set it to run against. You will need to go to the workflow manager and click through each transition and check the Conditions. I had to piece through each one and remove the Herzum statement. If you do not do this your workflow will not work at all for the impacted issue types.

0 votes
Chris Stemen November 19, 2014

We too have experienced the page refresh issue in the Issue Navigator (only in Detail view mode). We are running JIRA 6.3.8. Additionally, the "Decision Approval" management console does not retain the values for the approvers I have configured in the Approval Mapping Admin. This appears to mainly occur when setting the approvals for workflow steps directly from the detail page of a record, whereas if done from the Mapping Admin in the Add-Ons admin console it appears to keep the assignments but only from that view! There seems to be a disconnect between the admin console and the record detail view interface. I had originally setup the approval process through the admin side, but when I went to test a record the approval section was not working/configured. So, I clicked the "Decide Approvals" button at the top of the record and had to setup the approvers for the relevant workflow steps there. At first it worked, but then it stopped retaining one of the approvers (always one or other but not both). Very strange behavior on that screen. Then, a day later we started noticing the refresh issues. Incidentally, the documentation link from the marketplace plugin site (https://chicago.herzum.com/confluence/display/HPE/Approval+Plugin+-+Installation+and+Configuration+Guide) appears to only support up to JIRA 6.1. Not sure if that is part of the problem here.

Suggest an answer