Here Be Dragons: No Crowd Application available error

Felipe Guerreiro October 9, 2019

Hi guys,

I have searched the forums already and found a few answers to problems that kind of look like this one but none of the answers worked for me.

I'm doing the Here Be Dragons challenge, it's my first time trying to install Jira.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/atlas/guide-to-installing-an-atlassian-integrated-suite/here-be-dragons/dragons-stage-1-install-jira

Currently I'm in Stage 1 - Step 5. I have created a Postgre server and user which connect just fine and I have downloaded everything that should be compatible according to the guide and the page for Jira 6.3.15 as instructed ( I have installed everything fresh with deleting folders about 5 times now lol).

The error I'm getting seems to be related that my application can't connect to my.atlassian.com to validate the license key and when I try to force it to do it later by clicking Next it just crashes with the error 500 that I'm posting bellow.

Unable to reach my.atlassian.com

We can't contact my.atlassian.com. Make sure you're connected to the Internet and try again. Otherwise, go to my.atlassian.com, create an account and generate a license. When you have the license key, enter it in the box below.

Any ideas on how to solve this would be appreciated.

Things I have already tried:

Redoing the database, redoing the user changing various settings that I`ve found on KBAs, reinstalled everything on the versions mentioned several times, got new licenses, reset my connection, changed atlassian password.

I looked up on the Crowd solution offered by Atlassian since I thought that might be missing but I don`t know and don`t think that is the problem since it`s not mentioned anywhere in the guide.

Error 500 description:

Technical details

Log's referral number: 725c487e-b205-4d38-83a2-67dc08dc028e

Cause

Referer URL: http://localhost:8080/secure/SetupAdminAccount!default.jspa

java.lang.RuntimeException: com.atlassian.jira.exception.CreateException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException: No Crowd Application available.
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.atlassian.jira.exception.CreateException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException: No Crowd Application available.
	at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.setup.SetupAdminAccount.doExecute(SetupAdminAccount.java:236)
	at webwork.action.ActionSupport.execute(ActionSupport.java:165)
	at com.atlassian.jira.action.JiraActionSupport.execute(JiraActionSupport.java:88)
	at webwork.interceptor.DefaultInterceptorChain.proceed(DefaultInterceptorChain.java:39)
	at webwork.interceptor.NestedInterceptorChain.proceed(NestedInterceptorChain.java:31)
	at webwork.interceptor.ChainedInterceptor.intercept(ChainedInterceptor.java:16)
	at webwork.interceptor.DefaultInterceptorChain.proceed(DefaultInterceptorChain.java:35)
	at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:225)
	at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:154)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felipe Guerreiro October 10, 2019

Solved the issue after installing the latest version of Jira instead of the one in the guide and oppening the ports.

Suggest an answer