Hercules logs location in Unix

We host JIRA on 3rd party server and I use Putty to access logs for errors. We have atlassian tools support and there is a tab for hercules log scanner. It gives me options as Scan your standard file or enter location to scan files. Scanning standard file is stuck at 0% and I don't know what location to enter if I have to enter it manually.

Do I need to search for location on my windows or on Putty? Please help in step-by-step manner to help this newbie

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Thanks for your response Shayne.. I will go through the logs and check

0 votes
Shayne Covey Atlassian Team Jan 27, 2015

Hey Srikanth,

Unless otherwise specified, Hercules is going to try to scan the JIRA-HOME/log/atlassian-jira.logJIRA-HOME is usually located at:

• C:\jira\home (on Windows) or
  • /var/jira-home (on Linux or Solaris)

If you installed JIRA using something other than a bundled installer, or have customized the location of your JIRA-HOME directory, then it would be located elsewhere.

You may want to manually check that same log file if Hercules is getting stuck at 0% to see if any errors are coming up.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

449 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you