Help with this JQL query.

Venkateswarlu X (Venkat) Kumbha March 26, 2018

ABC_RTE Tech-Debt AND System Impacts =XX AND status !=COMPLETE AND reporter =1234455 ORDER BY status DESC,created DESC

I am not sure what is the issue above JQL . I am trying post above JQL to get the tickets using POST MAN 

here is the sample request 

{
"jql": "ABC_RTE Tech-Debt AND System Impacts =XX AND status !=COMPLETE AND reporter =1234455 ORDER BY status DESC,created DESC",
"startAt": 0,
"maxResults": 15,
"fields": [
"summary",
"status",
"assignee"
]
}

Getting below error 

{
"errorMessages": [
"Error in the JQL Query: Expecting either 'OR' or 'AND' but got 'Tech-Debt'. (line 1, character 18)"
],
"errors": {}
}

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2018

Hi

You can't have a space after RTE and before Tech. It looks as though those are 2 different words and I'm not sure what they are or represent. Are they project names? you probably need something at the beginning like project in (ABC_RTE, Tech-Debt)

Venkateswarlu X (Venkat) Kumbha March 26, 2018

hi 

ABC_RTE Tech-Debt  is my project same.

Same JQL works in JIRA board ..

Having this issue if i am accessing the JIRA List using REST API by sending above JQL 

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2018

Your JQL is missing the word 'project'.  But Warren is on the right track here.  Since the error message was looking for AND OR, the space there is causing problems.

Instead of trying to use the full project name, try using just the project key instead.  The results will be the same, and there won't be addition spaces in the query.

Instead of

project=ABC_RTE Tech-Debt AND status !=COMPLETE

change it to

project=ABC AND status !=COMPLETE

where ABC is the example project key.

Suggest an answer