Help with 'increase value of custom field' post function

John O'Sullivan March 2, 2015

Hi,

I want to count the number of times a JIRA ticket goes through a transition. 

I have installed the JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions plugin (demo version - will purchase if I can get this working). I have set up a custom field of type "transition counter" and linked that to the transition id I want to count via a comment in the transition counter field, as follows:

<!-- @TransitionId: transition_ID_121 -->

Now, it's my understanding that in order to increment that field, I need to use a post function of type 'increase value of custom field' on the transition? However, I can't see this as an option.

What am I missing?

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
John O'Sullivan March 3, 2015

Thanks Peter, that was the solution (clarification received on the forum below, but thank you all for your responses!)

https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JMWE/questions/36864003/answers/36864011

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2015

John, try changing the field's description to

&lt;!-- @TransitionId: 121 --&gt;

This should automatically count the number of transitions, no post function required. 

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2015

Hi John, 

I believe that this post-function will only work when there is a status change on your workflow. To set this up you need to visit your project >> administration >> edit the workflow >> select the transition you'd like to add this post-function >> add it there. If you have installed the JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions , the option 'Increase value of field' should be available to you when adding a post-function. 

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer