Help with creating JQL Finding links Subtasks with Epics + All Issue Type

V G November 30, 2017

Hi,

Looking for a help to build a JQL Filter Query for Scrum Board.

Requirements:

As part of Filter Not to include
- ALL subtasks linked to all stories that are linked to Epic 

In Summary, show only stories + associated subtasks that are not linked to group of Epics.

Appreciate your help.

1 answer

0 votes
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2017

Hi,

Did you try:

(type = Subtask and "Epic Link" IS EMPTY) OR type = Story

That should do the trick if I understood well?

Cheers 

V G November 30, 2017

Hi Mickey,

Thanks for quick reply.

Looking for a query that I can use for board which will hide specific set of subtasks that are part of stories and those stories are  linked to specific set of epic.

Example : Epic A has Story 1,2,3 and story1 has subtask x and y, and story 2 has subtask aa and bb.

When query is executed it should show/return results minus (Epic A+ Story 1,2,3+ subtasks x/y/aa/bb).

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2017

Hi,

I think I understood better now. Using native JQL might be hard to get to your expected result. If you use Script Runner, it's bringing advanced JQL functions which would help. You could write something like:

NOT((type = Story and 'Epic Link' is not empty) OR issueFunction in epicsOf("type = Story and 'Epic Link' is not empty") OR issueFunction in subtasksOf("type = Story and 'Epic Link' is not empty"))

That should exclude Stories which are related to an Epic + their epics + their subtasks.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer