Help with Pie Chart

Christopher Burns October 4, 2013

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a custom dashboard, and am using the Pie Chart gadget to surface issue counts against various labels. However, the issues that do not have labels assigned to them are missing.

Is there a simple way to include those issues?

I tried creating a new label ("Unlabeled") and assigning it to all of those issues, but then I would need to make it the default value for the Label field for new issues, and I am not seeing a way to accomplish that either.

I then tried creating a custom field to do that, which I was successful at, however, I would then need to migrate all of the existing labels into that field, and have no idea how to accomplish that either.

I just want to setup a dashboard that I can use without becoming a JIRA Programmer... :(

Can anyone help?

Cheers!

2 answers

0 votes
Christopher Burns October 4, 2013

Uhh... Hi Marc. I got an email notification that you had answered this, and I see the answer in the email, but when I click the link I am taken to my question with nothing else attached to it. Hoping I am not missing something here.

Where would I change the JIRA source? Where does it live? We are using OnDemand, BTW, so does that preclude that option?

The best solution I can think of is if I could somehow modify the Pie Chart code to stop ignoring issues with no label.

Barring that, I have no idea how to even begin making a scripted calculated field, but I would imagine even if I managed to do that, I would need to get the labels into that field, right? If that is the case, I am not sure how to do that either.

I have no problem with the coding, but I would really like to not have to learn yet another language/API/etc. and I have no idea what JIRA or its extensions are even written in.

Any guidance you can offer there would be greatly appreciated.

0 votes
&(*&)#)_*#@@(*)(@*)(*@
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2013

there is no simple way for your case.

what i would suggest is using a scripted calculated field , this field can hold a null value , this null value will be shown as 'non applicable/non/irrelevant' in the pie chart , statistic... and this scripted field must implement stattable.

or

change jira source in labelmanagerimpl with something similare to

return list == null ? LabelsFactory(project).getEmptyList() : list

getEmptyList(){

List<Label> l= new LIstImpl();

l.add(null);

}

Suggest an answer