Help with Jira Workflow Property

ChristopherG September 3, 2015

Hi everyone,

I am a beginner and was hoping someone could help with an issue I have.  I am trying to set a property in the workflow.  The property will force the ability for only the reporter to set the state of resolution to Done for any epic transitioning to an ending status.  I have an example of what I believe it is and would like some feed back.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it is you are doing it wrong.  smile

Here is the example...

Property Key
jira.permission.[epic.]{permission}.{type}[.suffix]

Property Value
jira.permission.epic.done.reporter

Thanks,

C

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2015

Hi Christopher,

Only Problem I think is *done* in your property value as there is no such permission called Done. Check which status is mapped with Done Closed or Resolved

jira.permission.epic.close.reporter or jira.permission.epic.resolved.reporter

List of available Permission

admin, use, sysadmin, project, browse, create, edit, scheduleissue, assign, assignable, attach, resolve, close, comment, delete, work, worklogdeleteall, worklogdeleteown, worklogeditall, worklogeditown, link, sharefilters, groupsubscriptions, move, setsecurity, pickusers, viewversioncontrol, modifyreporter, viewvotersandwatchers, managewatcherlist, bulkchange, commenteditall, commenteditown, commentdeleteall, commentdeleteown, attachdeleteall, attachdeleteown,viewworkflowreadonly

Taha

Nastja K March 26, 2019

Thank you!

jira.permission.browse.reporter = true

worked in my case

ABRAR ALI August 25, 2020

Hi @Taha Khanzada 

Is there any workflow property which prevents linking an issue to an Epic Link ? 

Regards

Abrar

0 votes
ChristopherG September 3, 2015

The issue was resolved. Thanks for help and the permission list!

Suggest an answer