Help with JQL assignee != reporter

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2014

Hi there,

I would like to know if it's possible to add in my query a part where it doesn't show the issues where the assignee is equal to the reporter. So, something like this:

assignee was currentUser() AND (status != Closed AND status != Resolved OR (status = Resolved and assignee != reporter)

So, where issues are Resolved AND the Assignee is the same person as the Reporter, I don't want to see those. Most of the time that person isn't current user. Ofcourse I have to see the issues where currenUser IS Assignee and another is Reporter

Ofcourse as declared by JIRA, "The value 'reporter' does not exist for the field 'assignee'." So I don't know how to realise this.

Love to hear from you!

2 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2014

It's not possible without plugins. For example Script Runner has the expression function, which allows you to do:

issuefunction in expression("project = FOO", "assignee != reporter")

The first expression is a filter query which you could leave as en empty string to run "assignee != reporter" on every issue.

0 votes
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2014

Hi Jamie!

Tnx! I have Script Runner and tried your code immediately in the Search and it worked fine.

Superb!!

Suggest an answer