Help understanding Requests page on portal

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2016

I can't seem to find Atlassian documentation for this nor any previous questions in the forum here.

If I click on Requests (top RH corner) I have two choices: My Requests and All Requests.

All Requests doesn't appear to do what I would have thought. All I see are the request I made.

Similarly, there is a drop down on the Requests page that includes: Created by Me, Created by Anyone, Where I am a participant. Again, i would assume the Created by Anyone would show me all requests created but I get nothing. I also get nothing w/ Where I am a participant but that may be that I'm not a participant on any. I will test that out.

I suspect that this has to be configured somewhere but haven't found it yet.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gerry Tan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2016

That is related to the new organization feature we launched. Please have a read at the blog post. In short you could also see requests raised by others in the same organization.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2016

Gerry, thanks for the answer. I working on it now. If i'm using this correctly, adding customers to an organization seems very tedious/onerous. It appears I must enter each person's username/email. I currently have 200+ employees in the company. This will take awhile. sad 

Maybe there is a better way?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2016

scratch that inquiry. I was able to export all users, massage in excel, copy all users and then paste into the add customers to org box. Maybe a "bulk change" option similar to what is done for JIRA issues would be useful feature add.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2016

So it appears that this feature (by default) sends out notifications to everyone in the organization when a ticket is created (and possibly commented on). That certainly isn't desirable for me. I simply want to allow users to see them via the portal if the so desire. Scrambling to see if I can address this unwanted behavior before i disable.

Like lisa_jackson likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2016

Gerry,

I ended up disabling. I'm hoping there is a way to disable notifications. Maybe that is the primary purpose of the feature. However, I would strongly suggest that organizations should be treated like groups and if you want the "opt in" notification to go to the organization when an issue is created then you should require adding the organization to the Notifications/Create. Maybe the ability to disable is already there? Please advise.

Gerry Tan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2016

Jack,

You can go to Project Settings > Customer notifications and disable the Organization added email rule.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2016

Gerry,

excellent thank you. This was not initially obvious unfortunately. Unsure why "Customer Notifications" are separate from Notifications page.

Like lisa_jackson likes this
Deleted user April 13, 2017

Gerry,

is there a way to default tickets to private so that I can keep the notification active s if someone makes the conscious decision to add the organization, they can notify all members of their org regarding the ticket, but otherwise it's defaulted to "private" so that the org wouldn't be defaultly added for non-urgent items?

4 votes
Patrick Walker May 22, 2018

Since the default can't be made to be private; I'd like the hide the entire drop-down option.

0 votes
Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2017

Hi everyone.  I was researching the same issue, and came across this conversation as well as a reported issue: JSDCLOUD-4382.  If you're frustrated by this too, please head over and vote for it. 

Suggest an answer