Help solving 404 after upgrade to JIRA 6.2

Aaron P March 3, 2014

I just finished upgrading JIRA from 6.1.7 to 6.2 and we are now getting 404 errors when navigating to the Issue Details page. Also looks to happen when we try to navigate to a project. The only way to get to an issue details page is by clicking the link in an issue filter. All other links 404. Has anybody encountered this yet? If so, any ideas on how to workaround?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Aaron P March 4, 2014

Solved our problem! Normally we copy over the web and server xml files after an upgrade (since they have our specific changes). Looks like there were changes in web.xml that were made an not in our file. After we made the necessary updates, everything was working again. Thanks everybody for looking into this.

JasonT May 27, 2014

Thanks, this was a big help!

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2014

When you are getting a 404, can you check the url on the browser? Is there any difference from issue filter? Like a different context path or host name? Also, check your base url configuration.

Aaron P March 3, 2014

The URLs all look the same no matter where we come from. Even copying URLs from one working window to the next fail with 404. :( I tried whitelisting our Base URL in the hopes that might do something since we do have the port in our URL (no luck).

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-37270looks to be very much like our problem.

What is also weird is opening to a new tab or window from filters also goes to 404. So only clicking a link in the filter works. Seems like we can still view and edit tickets in the Agile tabs. Guess this will give everybody good practice using the Agile tabs until I can find a workaround or Atlassian to find a fix.

Suggest an answer