Help recreation JIRA/Confluence application link

Hi All,

Suddenly our JIRA/Confluence application link stop working and throwing below error in confluence page,

jiraissues: The JIRA server returned a trusted apps error: APP_UNKNOWN; Unknown Application: {0}; ["confluence:7657871"]

So, I thought of recreating this application link in both JIRA and Confluence instance, please suggest what all things I need to take care? Do I need to remap some setup after recreating this app link? Do I need to take backup of existing link setup? (I don't know how this possible? :)) or simply can be recreated this application link?

Please suggest.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sanu P Soman

2 answers

1 accepted

Just recreate it - if this are different servers look at the potential time difference, this often messes things up.

Means, all the links will come up automatically?

All long as the URL and the application name stays the same, yes.

That's what I need.. thanks :)

App link recreation works for me.. thanks for your help.

Try it from Admin Console (in Jira and Confluence) and there look for Application Links. There you can delete your bad links and enter a new ones :)

I want to know if we recreate existing JIRA/Confleunce application link then any issues to existing configured jira links in confluence page/space? Do I need to recreate one by one?

By this, you will create application links. When you linked both applications, then you can inserting jira issues to confluence. You have to do it in admin console and then it will work.

Look here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Setting+Up+Trusted+Communication+between+JIRA+and+Confluence

To section configuring Jira to trust Confluence :)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

849 views 3 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you