Help needed! Account field disappeared in Bulk Change for Next Gen projects!

Jennifer Machielse February 3, 2020

Issue:

Account field has disappeared for specific Next Gen projects in Bulk change (Bulk change + issue type level). One Next Gen project still displays the change account option with incorrect accounts. 

Steps:

1. Go to all issues

2. Select the project and add filters

3. Click on ... (right top)

4. Choose Bulk Change all

5. Select issues to bulk change

6. Click on Next

7. Select option: "Edit issues"

Result:

Account field is no longer an option.

Expected result:

Change account should be an option in this window, after selecting Change account, I should be able to choose from the following options:"Add to existing", "Replace all with", "Clear field", "Fine and remove these", select the different account which has been configured in project settings and click on next. After I should be able to save the changes. 

More info:

With Next Gen we were always able to bulk edit epics/stories/tasks to attach to an account. Today this option is no longer visible. Previously an account could be added into the ticket itself (before Next Gen). Currently accounts have been set within Tempo and have been configured via project settings in our Next Gen projects.

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2020

Hi Jennifer,

I am unfamiliar with any system/default "account" field. Is it possible that this is a custom field? Can you check to see if it exists here - Jira settings > issues > custom fields? If there can you check to see if it is still associated w/ your project?

Jennifer Machielse February 3, 2020

Hi Jack,

The accounts can be created and edited in Jira Tempo (io.tempo.jira/tempo-accounts).

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2020

ah, i see this is a Tempo thingy. You might reach out to their support

Like Jennifer Machielse likes this
Jennifer Machielse February 4, 2020

Hi Jack,

I've contacted Tempo support, but they can't help "We are aware of the changes that bulk edit to account field in Next Gen projects. Unfortunately this is outside of Tempo as we do not have control over the functionality of bulk edit in Next Gen project."

In December we were able to do our hour registration. At that time the following was available in Next Gen (adjust issues):

1. Able to add, change etc. the accounts connected to the projects via bulk edit

2. When exporting a list of issues (all fields) ability to see/view the accounts set to the epics/tickets.

We are currently unable to do our hour registration, so the priority is high.

Hope we can have this working soon.

Regards, Jennifer 

0 votes
Felix RSA February 12, 2021

Hi @Jennifer Machielse 

You can try workaround

1. Transition - from any to itself

2. Post Function - Set Filed Value

3. Bulk Change - Transition Issues

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 11.42.01.pngScreenshot 2021-02-12 at 11.42.43.pngScreenshot 2021-02-12 at 11.45.10.pngScreenshot 2021-02-12 at 11.45.30.png

Suggest an answer