This is first time I've to upgrade JIRA instance from 7.0.1 to 7.4.x version.
But I need to know exactly what I have to do and how. I have 2 instances to upgrade. Both are enterprise level and have seperate DB and servers.
My doubts/ questions are
1. How to set up the Proxy server for this particlular case?
2. Im using SSL certs> would it impact the new version?
3. What other things I need to care other than the backups?
We can't tell you more than the docs do - where they leave off, it's things that are specific to your installation.
To answer the bits you have said you're unsure on:
1. Depends on what you want from it and why you're proxying, but a proxy server can easily handle two installs on different ports and exposing them in different places
2. Not with the versions of the software you are on, the same certificates should be fine
3. Don't know what you've got, I'd read the docs again.
I can't tell you how to set it up, because it depends on the system you are configuring and what proxy you are using.
Have a look at the Atlassian documentation for running JIRA behind an https proxy. They document Apache, Nginx and IIS. You should find that the settings for 7.0.1 are the same for 7.4 though, so you should be able to simply replicate the changes to the installation (essentially, change the server.xml and import the certificates into the JVM keystore, and if your proxy server is not changing, there's nothing to do on that side)
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot