Help making transitions fire

Craig Rowland July 21, 2015

My transitions are not firing for some reason. When a bug is moved from Active to Resolved I want JIRA to show a screen which prompts the user to set the Assigned and Resolution fields. Instead, JIRA just moves the issue to the next status. What might I be missing?

Thanks in advance for the help.

image2015-7-21 17:10:45.png

3 answers

1 vote
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2015

You have 2 transitions to the same status (21 and 61), so probably the transition that is activated is 21, while you are aiming to get transition 61.

If this is true - you need to make sure (using conditions) that transition 21 isn't fired for Bug tickets from Active status while transition 61 fires only for Bug tickets.

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2015

Using a Simple Script validator (which can be added if you have Script Runner installed) you should use something like this: issue.issueTypeObject.name != 'Bug' || (issue.issueTypeObject.name == 'Bug' && issue.resolution?.name != null) However, I would advise filling the resolution field for all ticket type either way, since this is considered best practices and might help you later with reports etc.

0 votes
Craig Rowland July 22, 2015

Hmmm. Interesting. Thanks for the assistance.

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish. We have the following Statuses, Open, Active, Resolved, Closed, Deployed and Blocked. I want people to be able to transition from any Status to any Status. However, when a Bug moves from any Status to Resolved I want to require that the Resolution field has a value set. How can I accomplish this?

image2015-7-22 10:37:33.png

Suggest an answer