Help making transitions fire

My transitions are not firing for some reason. When a bug is moved from Active to Resolved I want JIRA to show a screen which prompts the user to set the Assigned and Resolution fields. Instead, JIRA just moves the issue to the next status. What might I be missing?

Thanks in advance for the help.

image2015-7-21 17:10:45.png

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Peter Bengov Community Champion Jul 21, 2015

You have 2 transitions to the same status (21 and 61), so probably the transition that is activated is 21, while you are aiming to get transition 61.

If this is true - you need to make sure (using conditions) that transition 21 isn't fired for Bug tickets from Active status while transition 61 fires only for Bug tickets.

Hmmm. Interesting. Thanks for the assistance.

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish. We have the following Statuses, Open, Active, Resolved, Closed, Deployed and Blocked. I want people to be able to transition from any Status to any Status. However, when a Bug moves from any Status to Resolved I want to require that the Resolution field has a value set. How can I accomplish this?

image2015-7-22 10:37:33.png

Peter Bengov Community Champion Jul 22, 2015

Using a Simple Script validator (which can be added if you have Script Runner installed) you should use something like this: issue.issueTypeObject.name != 'Bug' || (issue.issueTypeObject.name == 'Bug' && issue.resolution?.name != null) However, I would advise filling the resolution field for all ticket type either way, since this is considered best practices and might help you later with reports etc.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

79 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you