Help: it doesn't work to use emails to create issues!

Summer Lu October 23, 2014

First I have set up a "Pop/IMAP mail server" on "Incoming Mail" page and it says "The connection was successful." if click "Test Connection" button.

Then I set up a "Mail Handler", however, it shows message "No messages in mailbox" when I click "Test" button, the detail information is: "No messages were found in this mailbox. To properly test this handler, populate your mailbox with a few emails first and re-run the test. Found 0 unprocessed message(s) in the imaps folder."

Actually, there is email on incoming box.

Is there anything wrong?

5 answers

0 votes
Summer Lu October 26, 2014

Hello,

The problem is resolved if I set "Protocol" as "POP" instead of "IMAP". Thank you so much for the help.

0 votes
Summer Lu October 26, 2014

Hello,

I have tried the user that is sending the email could actually create issues manually. But it still doesn't work yet and tells "No messages in mailbox."

0 votes
Juan Felipe Cardona
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2014

Hello

You don't necessarily need to put the Default Reporter; if you fill that field all your issues will have the Default Reporter as the creator of the issue. But anyhow the original email has to be of a valid user with the appropriate permissions for browsing your project, creating issues in your project and adding comments in your project.

So first make sure that the user that is sending the email can actually create issues manually.

0 votes
Summer Lu October 24, 2014

Hello,

See my screenshot below: Project is correct and default reporter is with administrator permission. What's the problem?a.jpg

0 votes
Juan Felipe Cardona
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2014

Hello

If the Test Connection works fine, just make sure that you have configured the correct server and a valid project to it. Also, the sender has to have permissions to create issues in your JIRA project.

Suggest an answer