Help in Jira

Kiran Reddy May 22, 2012

We have a couple of requirements as described below, can any one respond to the below requirements.

1) While creating any issue, what ever the data enter that should come in email body/notification, is there any facility to configure/self managed the email bodies.

2) Is there any possibility of comma separated group email id selection under Mail Intimation field.

3) We have date picker field that field need to be automatically filled with the current system data or any data validation is available (user has restricted to enter the current date only).

Thanks and Regards

Kiran

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2012

1) Yes. See the docs - http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Customising+Email+Content

2) I don't know what you mean by "mail intimation" - That's not how the email fields are described and I don't think it's the right use of the word intimation, unless you're using it as a label to imply something for your installation. Which field are you talking about? Is it a custom field?

3) I'd remove the field from the Create or Edit screens, and then populate it with a workflow post-function (I can't remember if the "set date/time to current date time" option I've got here is built in, or a function provided by a plugin we've got, but there's definitely options for you.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2012

Oops, I apologise - options 1 and 3 probably won't be available to you, as you're using "OnDemand"

Suggest an answer