Help for basic setup of a project in JIRA?

olik June 26, 2015

Hi there,

I just started JIRA for the very first time and I need help for the very basic setup of a project in JIRA.

JIRA Setup in our(!) system sets close limits - first of all a (real) project can not be configurated as a (JIRA) project.

(JIRA) project will be the department we work for.

Actual idea/concept for the setup:

• projects in the department will be set up as "versions" (container for next level: components)
  • project phases will be set up as "components" (container for next level: issues/subissues)
  • issues and subissues will be the smallest element/task in the project

Does this setup plan work?

In a following stage of expansion (add. use of: TEMPO and STRUCTURE) of this basic concept we want to:

• control and report progress of approx. 10 to 20 projects
  • record an gather the time that each colleague spents on an (sub)issue (15-20 people)
  • have a clear view on "who does what" on a daily basis...

Will our planned setup "do the job" ???   

2 answers

0 votes
olik June 29, 2015

Hi Gabriella,

"JIRA Setup in our(!) system sets close limits .. a (real) project can not be configurated as a (JIRA) project." ==> because the level "project" is reserved to the various departments in the company... can you help?

thank you and best regards

OK

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2015

I cannot understand this statement "first of all a (real) project can not be configurated as a (JIRA) project."

Suggest an answer