Help for basic setup of a project in JIRA?

Hi there,

I just started JIRA for the very first time and I need help for the very basic setup of a project in JIRA.

JIRA Setup in our(!) system sets close limits - first of all a (real) project can not be configurated as a (JIRA) project.

(JIRA) project will be the department we work for.

Actual idea/concept for the setup:

• projects in the department will be set up as "versions" (container for next level: components)
  • project phases will be set up as "components" (container for next level: issues/subissues)
  • issues and subissues will be the smallest element/task in the project

Does this setup plan work?

In a following stage of expansion (add. use of: TEMPO and STRUCTURE) of this basic concept we want to:

• control and report progress of approx. 10 to 20 projects
  • record an gather the time that each colleague spents on an (sub)issue (15-20 people)
  • have a clear view on "who does what" on a daily basis...

Will our planned setup "do the job" ???   

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I cannot understand this statement "first of all a (real) project can not be configurated as a (JIRA) project."

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Gabriella,

"JIRA Setup in our(!) system sets close limits .. a (real) project can not be configurated as a (JIRA) project." ==> because the level "project" is reserved to the various departments in the company... can you help?

thank you and best regards

OK

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

137 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you