Help building query to find Customers to prepare for JSD3 upgrade?

Zans McLachlan November 8, 2016

Folks,

I am prepping for an upgrade from JSD 1.2.7 -> 3.2 and in light of the new user structure need to find all users that are truly only Customers. The shortest path that I can think of is to find:

all Users that have been Reporters but not Assignees for issues in our Desk Project

Is there a JQL that would reveal this, even if some post-processing is needed? Or another solution, even if it is a plugin? (Note that I have latest Scriptrunner available for JIRA 6.3.6). 

Thanks!

Zans

3 answers

0 votes
Zans McLachlan November 18, 2016

Thanks, @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] and @Timothy Chin, I'll give this a go! Best, Zans

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2016

I don't see how you could do this with JQL. I would write a script that fetches the set of reporters, then remove anyone that has the ASSIGNABLE permission... that should give you the list of customers.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2016

I think the logic is correct. I would save time and run this in SQL to find all the affected customers. Then, it's up to you to add the users to the appropriate group.

Suggest an answer