Help JQL Status Changed FROM BEFORE

EdG January 9, 2013

Hi Folks!

My JIRA version is the ancient 4.4 :)

That said, I am hoping to generate results from:

project = BOLOGNA AND status changed FROM ("w, "x", "y") to Z BEFORE "2012/09/28"

But I get not results...and I know there are results. What I want to generate are all issues whose status was changed from x,y,z to Z before September 28, 2012.

Help!

Also I have tried:

status WAS "Z" BEFORE "2012/09/28"

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

SORRY, this should be correct now:

project = BOLOGNA AND (status changed FROM "x" to "Z" BEFORE "2012/09/28" or status changed FROM "y" to "Z" BEFORE "2012/09/28")

:)

Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

Are you getting an error, or is the search recognized as valid but has no results?

EdG January 10, 2013

Thx, but still no results :(

Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2013

And, if there is no error, can you confirm that both statuses "x" and "y" go directly to "z"? because that is the functionality of changed (went directly from A to B). Instead, are you wanting to search for an issue that was in "x" at some point, or "y" at some point, and at another point was in "z"?

Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2013

Fiddled around, I think you want this:

project = BOLOGNA AND (status WAS "x" BEFORE "2012/09/28" and status was "Z" BEFORE "2012/09/28" or status WAS "y" BEFORE "2012/09/28" and status was "Z" BEFORE "2012/09/28")

let me know if that works

EdG January 10, 2013

Great! It works! Thanks Nat.

Suggest an answer