It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Help Deleting an 'issue type'

When I tried to delete an 'issue type', I'm seeing the following message:

Note: This issue type cannot be deleted - there are currently 1 matching issues with no suitable alternative issue types (only issues you have permission to see will be displayed, which may be different from the total count shown on this page).

In order for an issue type to be deleted, it needs to be associated with one workflow, field configuration and field screen scheme across all projects. If this is not the case, Jira can not provide a list of valid replacement issue types.

I have searched for the 1 matching issue and can't find it in our system

1. I'm an Admin
  2. We only have 1 Permission Scheme set

2 answers

@Dan Hunt 

Hi Dan

how did you search for the issue, via JQL?

issuetype = YOURISSUETYPE

Did you have a look to the available issue type schemes?

Cheers

Kurt

Hi Kurt, 

• Correct, That is how I searched for the issue.
  • I looked at the issue type schemes and see the issue type that I want removed list there but my only option is to reorder it in the list.

Thanks,

Dan

@Dan Hunt 

Hi Dan

and the query did return issues that have that issue type in use?

If that is the case there are 2 options

1. Delete all the issues that have that issue type
  2. Analyse the list of all issues of that type and migrate them to a different type, before you are able to delete the old one

Cheers

Kurt

Hi Kurt, 

My problem is that I can't find the 1 issue with the issue type that I want to delete.  Whenever I search for that issue type, it says there are none.

Dan

@Dan Hunt 

Any chance that you do not have access to all projects and the issue is therefore "hidden"?

Cheers

Kurt

Are you on datacenter? Could the issue be in an archived project?

No, we are using jira-cloud.

@Dan Hunt 

Think that it would make sense to get in touch with the Support team, so that they can have a look

All the best

Kurt

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

334 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you