Help. Default assignee is not working as expected after changing the value

kristina victoreen January 14, 2015

Using (v6.3.8#6338-sha1:68f19fa).   I had a certain user as default assignee and he's left the job.  So I assigned a new user to project lead role, and made sure the default assignee is set to project lead.  The old user continues to have issues assigned to him by default.  I also created a component and set that to default to the new person with the same result.  This seems like a bug and I'm out of ideas.  Can anyone think of a way around this problem?

3 answers

0 votes
Trace Windham July 9, 2015

I'm using Jira version v6.2.4#6261-sha1:4d2e6f6

0 votes
Trace Windham July 9, 2015

I have this exact same issue. I've changed the Project Lead to a new person since the old person left, and I've left the "Default Assignee" set as the "Project Lead" on the Project Roles page. Yet, when another user creates a new issue and selects the "Default" as the assignee, the new issue is assigned to the old person instead of the new. I also verified that the person creating the issue has ample permissions to create and assign issues.

0 votes
Javier Hernandez January 14, 2015

I've run into this issue and turned out that I didn't publish/save my changes when making updates. I've also run into the case where the person didn't have adequate permissions (i.e. assignable user) for the project's permission scheme.

Hope that helps.  

Suggest an answer