HelloWorld plugin fails to start.

pranav kotecha April 7, 2013

Hi i am a new User and i follow steps to install the hello world plugin. now i am not being able to c the plugin in the http://localhost:2990/jira portal.

Also i get a message saying that JIRA has been locked and also "Plugin has failed to initialize" can u please help me how to solve this error.

also i want to know the safest and best way to stop the tomcat server.
cause Ctrl + D does not work for me.:(

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2013

I'm assuming you do not mean to use the "OnDemand" tags you've used here?

We can't really help you with the errors you've got because you haven't told us enough. Could you explain:

1. What instructions you are following
  2. How you compiled and built the plugin (were there errors in there?)
  3. What your log file says for the startup time (again, we're looking for errors in this log)

For your other question, what are you running to start Jira? What about ctrl-c instead of d?

pranav kotecha April 8, 2013

HI, i am new here and dont knw what the onDemand command is for, sry for that.

apart fom that,

1. The instructions i am following are on the official website.
https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Create+a+HelloWorld+Plugin+Project

2. there were errors i will post them here, bt i dont think i will be able to post the complete cmd line output file.

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2013-04-08 14:52:45,252 main INFO [atlassian.plugin.util.WaitUntil] Plugins that have yet to be enabled: [com.atlassian.administration.atlassian-admin-quic

ksearch-jira, com.atlassian.jira.rpc.jira-json-rpc-plugin, com.atlassian.plugins.rest.atlassian-rest-module, com.atlassian.jira.welcome.jira-welcome-plugin, com.atlassian.streams, com.atlass

ian.crowd.embedded.admin, com.atlassian.oauth.consumer, com.atlassian.oauth.admin, com.atlassian.jira.jira-view-issue-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-link-applinks-common-plugin, com.a

tlassian.auiplugin, com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin, com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard, com.atlassian.soy.soy-template-plugin, com.atlassian.applinks.applinks-p

lugin, com.atlassian.activeobjects.activeobjects-plugin, com.atlassian.templaterenderer.api, com.atlassian.streams.streams-jira-plugin, com.atlassian.gadgets.embedded, com.atlassian.jira.jir

a-issue-link-remote-jira-plugin, com.atlassian.labs.hipchat.hipchat-for-jira-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.rest, com.atlassian.labs.remoteapps-plugin, com.at

lassian.streams.actions, com.atlassian.labs.atlassian-bot-killer, com.atlassian.gadgets.publisher, com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-nav-plugin], 50 seconds remaining

and in the end it says failed to initialize.

Also in the end i get this

"JIRA startup failed, JIRA has been locked."

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2013

OnDemand is the hosted version, you can't load plugins into that. Hence the tags are inappropriate!

Anyway, the error you're getting is happening before it's getting to your plugins, so it may be that you've done nothing wrong in the code. There's a doc here that covers the usual causes of this pattern of behaviour. It's not quite what you're seeing, but you should definitely run through the "Resolution" section on here to rule it out - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+System+Plugin+Timeout+While+Waiting+for+Plugins+to+Enable

Suggest an answer