Hello, can someone let me know whether it is possible to connect two Jira from two different companies and is a automatic update possible?

Peter Jost January 6, 2017

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2017

JIRA is a web-application, so you can connect to it from as many places as you like, as long as it is exposed to the internet.

I'm not sure what you mean by "automatic update" though.  If you're meaning the server version upgrading itself, then no, it doesn't do that.

Peter Jost January 6, 2017

sorry, my question wasn't right. There are two foreign companies. Both have Jira. One is release 3.13 and the other one is 7.1. We need the same Information on both Jira. Is it possible to syncronize both Jira. One of the JIRA belongs to our Provider. But we need the same demands also on our Jira. Thank You!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2017

In theory, yes, but you're going to have a very hard time of doing it.  You'll need a lot of differing code on both ends.

If it were two recent JIRA systems, it would be easier because you could write similar code for them.  But JIRA 3's remote calls are SOAP and JIRA 6.3 and above use REST only. 

I also wouldn't recommend trying to do it yourself.  I'd go get K15t's Backbone or iDalko's Exalate.  I've not worked with Exalate recently, but with Backbone, you can set up an entire project synchronisation in a few clicks.

But, with 3 and 7, no, I don't know of any add-on that could do it.  I'd strongly recommend the people on 3.13 get on with an upgrade though - 3.13 is not just well out of support, it's got security holes in it and shouldn't be exposed to the internet.

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 6, 2017

Indeed, 3.13 is a challenge.  It might depend on the use case and what information needs to be exchanged.  Exalate can support it, but it would require the development of a new connector. 

Suggest an answer