Hello , Is it possible to set the backup time ?

Rekha Bhaskaran September 22, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Automating JIRA application backups

Is it possible for the admins to set the time for the backups ?

Currently the back up time is 3am .

We would like 12 hours of backup and would like it at 7am and 5pm .Would this be possible ?

2 answers

0 votes
Rekha Bhaskaran September 22, 2016

Hello Peter, 

Yes but the ticket logged https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-1865

says that this enhancement has been resolved so i wanted to re-confirm the possibility.

Thanks,

Rekha.

0 votes
Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2016

Hi Rekha,

The documentation clearly states:

Please Note: The interval specified in the Backup Service Delay (mins) is the time when the next backup job will run since the last server restart. Backup services cannot be scheduled to run at a specific time of day - please see JRA-1865 for more on this.

So I guess custom time is not supported.

Regards,

Peter

Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2016

Hi Rekha, the issue has been resolved for quite some time, but I think the feature is not implemented. Also the documentation says:

All serious databases come with tools to back up and restore databases (the 'MS' in RDBMS). We strongly recommend these tools in preference to the XML backup option described below

If you use such db native tool it will most likely have this feature out of the box

Regards,
Peter 

Suggest an answer