Hello, I don't have the Excel options to export filters' result under Excel. We are using the on-premise version. Is it normal?

Phuong Khanh NGUYEN September 19, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Exporting Search Results to Microsoft Excel

Ask your question here...

3 answers

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2016

Hey,

As alternative to the old HTML and the new CSV exports, you may want to try if the Better Excel add-on fits your problem better. This is a paid add-on (trials are free), but this should be useful to be aware of the paid options, as well.

0 votes
Deleted user September 19, 2016

Not sure about 6.4, but in 7.1 we now use the export HTML, then open the file with Excel. After that you can save it as an excel file.

Update: Nic's right you should have that option

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2016

For JIRA 6.4, no, you should have the excel options.  Could you show us what options you do get on the menu?  And check to see if any "system" add-ons are partially disabled if you can.

Hello,

Attached are the options we've got.Jira_Filter_Export_Options.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2016

Right, well, that's not 6.4, it's 7.1+

The Excel options have been removed, and replaced with CSV.  Spreadsheets should be fine opening the CSV.

Deleted user September 19, 2016

Hi Nic - shouldn't the HTML option be available then?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2016

Possibly.  From memory, the HTML exports were added in a version after the replacement of Excel, but I'm not sure of that (mainly because I've no use for html, so I've been ignoring it)

Thanks for your answers. I'm not very keen on using the CSV format, as I need to reformat files each time.

Could you check why there's no HTML exports?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2016

My best guess is that you're on a version that does not have them, or it's been disabled by your admins.

Well, do you know for what reason it was removed?

Is there any plan for this option to come back? Our organization is very disappointed about this. We've got JIRA for our organization not for a long time.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2016

It was removed because a lot of people kept asking for CSV and you don't need it if CSV is available.

Suggest an answer