Hello All

Ori Lazar November 29, 2021

(Jira cloud )

I'm trying to set an automation rule (see below) 

the problem is that the field "Score" is a custom field from some  addon  and because of that the rule doesn't recognize the trigger Value....

I know that there is a way to solve this problem but I am not sure  how.

please advise ...... 

Capture.PNG 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2021

Hi @Ori Lazar 

I recommend trying a couple of things:

1. Try the generic issue updated trigger instead, and check the changelog to see if your field changes.  If that trigger also does not fire...
  2. Contact the vendor in the marketplace to learn if their fields can support automation rules.  There appear to be two different vendors with a product with that name, so you will need to determine which one it is: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/

Kind regards,
Bill

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yanty Ghani [ServiceRocket]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2021

Hi Ori,

What error message did you get in the Audit Log? And what's the add-on that add that custom field?

Ori Lazar November 30, 2021

Hi @Yanty Ghani [ServiceRocket] 

The addon is  an app called :

"Backlog Prioritization"

and this app has created a field called "Score"

there is no error message , the trigger just wont start it.

Capture.PNG

Yanty Ghani [ServiceRocket]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 30, 2021

Hi Oli,

Thank you for the info. I tested this and, as you said, the automation didn't trigger because "Score" field does not act like a regular field in Jira, because it's populated based on some calculation.

Perhaps you can rethink of the trigger and the purpose of the automation. For example, if you wish to send email to some users to inform them of the "Score" value, maybe it can be triggered by certain transition, or when a comment is added with specific text in them. Then you can add {{issue.score}} in the content of the email.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events