Header Navigation Management

Roger Camiu April 26, 2015

Hi,

How is it possible do disable some Navigation Points for different User, with different rules?

Because for much developer we have to much points in the navigation an it's to complecated for them,

Can you help me for that?

Best regards Roger

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2015

What do you mean by "navigation points"?  Those things the users click on to take them to stuff they need in the menus and on the view screens?  If so, then the answer is "not without code" because the choices about whether to display it in certain cases is embedded in the core code.

It might be easier to ask what you want to disable and why you think it's too complex for the developers.  There are some options about turning things off, but they're quite specific (and when I've done it, usually makes the majority howl to turn to back on because it's useful)

Roger Camiu April 27, 2015
Hello  I mean, 
The Navigation points in the top, our freelancer don't need the access to the test-case also not to the portfolio, 
so it is easier that the don't have de points there,
Is it not possible ? 
In the older version of Jira it was possible to make the navigation self, is it not anymore possible? 
Best Regards Roger
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2015

You'd need code in the Portfolio and test addons to hide them (and the rest of their functions) from the user.

Suggest an answer