Having the members of groups info somehow listed in Issue?

Rok Antolic September 25, 2015

Hello,

we have a system build in a way that people are grouped up under affected components in a custom multiple group picker field called "Komponenten". Everything is dependant on those groups and system works fine but for users and process supervisors it would be important to know who the people behind affected component are for this whole process to be more transparent. At the moment we are keeping list of components and people in charge of them in external Excel sheet so you can imagine we want to improve that.

Is there a way to get this somehow with Script runner and Scripted field maybe? Custom field or any other suggestion is welcome.

Best regards,

Rok

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2015

That's a perfect use-case for a scripted field, and almost one I've done myself quite recently.  The group-picker I used was a single select, and they specifically wanted just the user names as a long block of text, but the code below should get you started.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
def groupManager = ComponentAccessor.getGroupManager()
def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()

def cf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Group to List")
def theusers = groupManager.getUserNamesInGroup(issue.getCustomFieldValue(cf))

return theusers.toString()
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2015

I forgot - there's a minor problem with scripting this. If the members of the group are changed, the results of the scripted field will be wrong until the issue is re-indexed (i.e. project re-index or any edit or transition on the issue)

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2015

Isn't the contents updated when you view the issue, but searching needs to wait for the issue to be reindexed?

Rok Antolic September 28, 2015

Thank you both for your answers! I'll try to adjust the code so that it works with multiple group picker field somehow. About re-indexing, I don't know what are we going to do, we can try to ask from admins when they make a group modification to do re-index or something. Cheers, Rok

Suggest an answer