Having an automatic label for a project

Elif Alverson April 9, 2018

Hello, 

Is it possible to set a label such as 2018 when a new project created? Or after it is created.

Thank you.

Elif Alverson

We use Atlassian JIRA Project Management Software (v7.5.0)

2 answers

1 vote
Ashkan Malekly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2019

@Elif Alverson  Hiiii

Yes you can use project automation. After creating your project, go to setting, then go to project automation and then go as below:

gsfgsdggdfgdfgdfgdfgdsfgdsfgdfgdfsg.pngcheers

0 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2018

Hi @Elif Alverson, can you clarify how you are using the word "project"?  Do you mean a new project, which is a collection of issues in Jira, with a unique key or are you talking about an issue in Jira that represents something your team is working on?

If it's the latter, yes, you can populate fields, on the Create action, using workflow behaviors.  Also, you could bulk add the label to lots of existing issues.  But before I type out directions for any of that, Jira already logs the date an issue is created.  Adding a label that includes the year seems like a duplication of an existing element that's not needed.  Just limit your query to issues "created in 2018", instead of issues with the label "2018".

Or, maybe I don't understand your question.  :)  Let us know more info about your use case and maybe we can help you more!

Rachel Wright
Author, Jira Strategy Admin Workbook

Elif Alverson April 10, 2018

Hello, @Rachel Wright , 

Thank you for your response. When I state " Project " , I mean a new " Software Jira Project" which is a collection of issues in Jira, with a unique key. 

2018 was just an example as a labels. Lets say " Office365" instead. 

Please let me know, if my answer make more sense now.

Thank you for your time.

Elif 

Suggest an answer