Have same user for both JIRA and Confluence OnDemand

Steve Motola June 4, 2012

We have a JIRA OnDemand license with a handful of users.

We just got Confluence OnDemand.

Do I have to create all new users within Confluence or can it use the same users within JIRA?

Otherwise how do I link up the two?

3 answers

0 votes
Steve Motola May 23, 2013

This is from a year ago and got resolved. They actually had to recreate the site instance. I don't know if that is still the case, but once you remove JIRA - ixnay. 2 cents Recommendation - keep a small JIRA instance even if you're not using it, otherwise the conversion is a huge pain. :)

0 votes
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2013

Mojo, actually all OnDemand applications share the same base of users, that's because they are all managed by Atlassian Crowd (which makes possible the SSO feature). So, after adding a new application to an existing OnDemand instance, you just have to make sure that your users have access to it through the application access page of your OnDemand environment.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2012

It should automatically use all the same users, although you might want to check their group membership and add them to new groups (e.g. confluence-users)

Suggest an answer