Have not received requested regular log scan report. Any ideas on how to "debug"?

Maria Janet C. Figueroa January 3, 2013

Hello,

I have set up to have a regular log scan report be sent to me daily. I have looked for the email and have not found it.

Is there anyone who has set this up and received the emails?

What do we need to check for the email setup?

We are able to receive all other Jira related emails.

Thanks - Janet

3 answers

0 votes
Maria Janet C. Figueroa November 19, 2013

Folks - We have gone through several updates in the past year. Still no regular log scan reports. Our Jira version is at (v6.1#6144-sha1:2e50328).

Any ideas?

0 votes
Maria Janet C. Figueroa February 13, 2013

Been working on and off with Atlassian support on this. Will update once I get a resolution.

Maria Janet C. Figueroa October 23, 2013

Folks - No resolution to this item. If anyone has any ideas, would appreciate the update. What is limiting us is securing our data, we do not want to share the data in our Jira instance with Atlassian. Thus, we have not sent it to Atlassian for debugging.

Anyone have the problem resolved?

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

Is your instance having access to internet?

Maria Janet C. Figueroa January 3, 2013

Thank you Renjith. As far as I know my instance does have access to the internet. Is there a way for me to verify this?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2013

Check whether you are able to find new plugins in the UPM (it uses a direct internet connection)

Maria Janet C. Figueroa January 7, 2013

Yes, I am able to find new plug-ins from servlet/upm/marketplace.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

Which version of Support Tools Plugin/JIRA?

Tested with the latest version of JIRA, it seems to be fine.

Can you check the logs for anything happening during the scan?

Maria Janet C. Figueroa January 9, 2013

When a scan is initiated manually, there are items that are flagged by Hercules.

The Support Tools Plugin is v3.0.11. My Universal Plugin Manager is v2.7.7.

I will check the logs for the time I have "programmed" the auto log scan to start.

Maria Janet C. Figueroa January 22, 2013

Nothing in the logs about this auto scan. Time to open a support ticket.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Yeah, mostly. Any indication about Hercules starting a scan?

Or schedule the scan and take out the internet connection so that it will fail and you can be sure that it is at least firing the event?

Suggest an answer