Have i misused the PlaysQL in confluence to retrieve JIRA issue' description?

linqiang March 10, 2013

I hope to get the description of jira issues in confluence via the plugin of playsql as below,

but i cannot get the descrption filed in jiraissues table, the results is just "?", no others.

Have i made some mistake??

thanks in advance.

SELECT SUMMARY,aaa FROM(select SUMMARY,environment aaa FROM jiraissue where environment is not null LIMIT 160) a

SUMMARYaaa

1位置历史记录存储,管理,更新?

2安装统一数据库开发平台?

3内容部数据报表?

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2013

Hi Linqiang,

You were right, I've reproduced your environment with JIRA and found that Play SQL should display this data. I've submitted a fix which is available in Play SQL version 1.3.3.

Can you please try this version and tell me whether it fixes your problem?

Thank you very much for raising this issue!

Nicolas

linqiang March 18, 2013

great, it works. small problem: it seems '\n' and '\r' were not deal properly, that's all the text were wrapped.

thanks.

0 votes
linqiang March 11, 2013

ok, thanks for your efforts.

0 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2013

Hi Linqiang,

Before answering your question, I would like to underline that I've built Play SQL for PostgreSQL and Hsql, as I've written on the plugin page. I don't have MySQL readily available and I don't have JIRA either, therefore I will need one week to reproduce and tell you whether Play SQL can manage this datatype or not.

Thank you very much for raising the problem, I invoke your patience until next week.

Nicolas

0 votes
linqiang March 10, 2013

the collation of description filed is utf8_general_ci, thanks

0 votes
linqiang March 10, 2013

i used the mysql as jira database, and the description filed's datatype is longtext.

0 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2013
Hi Linqiang, It could happen that either the charset of the database is different or the type of the field is unknown to PlaySQL. What database do you use and what is the type of the field in that table?

Suggest an answer