Have an automated a confluence page with the custom format need to be created when issue raised in J

E Hanumanthu September 5, 2022

Hi There ,

We have Jira and Confluence installed in Server ,, here is our requirement.

Whenever a Jira issue has been raised from Jira we need a Confluence page which needs to be create automatically with our own custom format, Can someone help me on this .

Note : I am new to use the Rest API not even know how to work with it.

2 answers

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022
0 votes
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

Hi @E Hanumanthu

you'd first of all need some solution which can react on the event that a Jira issue has been created.

My first choice would be Jira Automation here, esp, when you're not that deeply technically involved. If you use Jira 9.x and above, this has been merged into standard Jira functionality.

If you use Automation, you can configure a rule like this:

• When: Issue created
  • Then: Send web request
    • Here you need to call Confluence's REST API (create Content) to create a new page.

I hope that gives you the right pointers to start with. Alternatively you could use a scripting app from the marketplace like Scriptrunner.

Cheers,
Matthias.

E Hanumanthu September 5, 2022

Is it possible to schedule a meeting to explain about this.

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2022

I'm afraid that this goes beyond my commitment to my voluntary community work. If you try it yourself, I'm happy to help with some concrete questions.

Or alternatively, you can ask a Solution Partner to help you setting this up. You can find a suitable partner via Atlassian's partner directory.

Suggest an answer