Have a transition bring up the move dialog

Joe Harmon January 27, 2021

We have a project that gathers criteria that will eventually turn into different types of issues for different projects.  Essentially after the review process is done I would love to have a button at the top that just brings up the move dialog.  Yes I know the move dialog is under the more section, but I am trying to make life easier on people. Anyone know of a way that a transition can bring up the move dialog for an issue?

We also have scriptrunner.  So another thought is whether or not there is a post function that can use the move link and plugin the move URL with id being called for the current issue dynamically. https://jira.control4.com/secure/MoveIssue!default.jspa?id=xxxxxxx

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

"Move" is not a transition, it's an action.

You can use Scriptrunner to add a "web fragment" that will go to "move" if you want, but not a post-function.  Post-functions are part of a transition, not an edit action.

I know that move is not a transition.  I was trying to think of ways to bring up the move dialog on a transition.  I want it to just go to move so that it will bring up the dialog.  Any thoughts on how to call the last part of the URL with the id dynamically?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

There's no way I can think to do that, other than a web-fragment that starts the move process for the issue.

Right, I understand that you are saying to use a web fragment.  The web fragment asks for a URL. But the last part of this URL is dynamically generated based on the issue ID. 

Suggest an answer