Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Have a "validator" on the filed "Request Type"

Hi Atlassian community

I'm having an issue with the field Request Type.

In our Jira Service Management we use several workflow, issue type and request type.

Sometimes, customers don't use the right request type so we (agent) have to move the ticket to another issue type. This operation can erase the request type because we are using a different issue type . So we have to manually affect a new request type. That's okay but sometimes we forget to reaffect the request type and that's a problem for the reporting at the end.

So, i tried to add a validator to my workflow to make Request Type required to sold the isssue.

Test 1 : From Jira (not from customer portal) i  create an issue with no request type, the validator is blocking the transition--> Fine.

Test 2 :  create an issue from the customer portal -> a request type is affected. Then i move the issue to another issue type -> the request type is now blank. I do the transition : the validator didn't stop me.

I think in back office the request type field has a value (the one from the creation) so the validor doesn't stop the transition. But in front office Jira doesn't show me the value because it's not a value affected to the current issue type. I wish that validator stop the transition and the agent apply a correct value to the request type field.

Someone have a tips for me ? :)

Kind Regards

Ianis

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jun 11, 2021

A couple of questions for you:

• Are you sure that you have the validator on each of the workflows and the specific transitions that you’re actually exercising?
  • What specific validator are you using? It may be but that validator is actually passing. Are you using set the field must be updated? I think that would be the proper validator.

Hi Jack, thank you for your answer.

• i had the validor on only one workflows and transition but i'm sure that i made my test on it ;)
  • i use the validator "Field Required Validator Field  / must not be empty during the transition."

You advice me to use the validator "Field has been modified Validator" ? I'll test it

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you