Have JIRA 7.0.0 server Software + ServiceDesk, how to upgrade to 7.0.2 w/o reinstall?

I installed JIRA Software 7.0.0 with the complete full-sized heavyweight installer, then installed JIRA Service Desk on top of it, this time as an application - via update page with "already have" option which gave me an .obr file instead of a default complete .bin. This provided me with 3 (three) apps in applications tab: 1) JIRA Core, 2) JIRA Software, 3) JIRA Service Desk.

Now when JIRA Core 7.0.2 is available, how do I upgrade my instasllation without complete reinstall, which the default  full-sized heavyweight installer does?

Thanks in advance! WBR, Andrii

1 answer

0 votes

There are several different ways to upgrade JIRA, and the method you choose to use depends on which version of JIRA you use and the type of environment you use it in. 

This documentation may help you: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/upgrading-jira-185729508.html

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,720 views 17 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you