Have Atlassian changed some status names for Jira Cloud

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2017

I'd like to confirm whether Atlassian have changed some statuses in Jira Cloud (as of 14 Sep 2017). I've checked within our company and looked at the audit logs and I don't believe that we did it.

We had a status of In Progress which now appears as Defining and the status To Do seems to have disappeared altogether.

If this is something that Atlassian have changed, why were we not told about it?

I have a large amount of code extracting data from Jira via the REST API, which now needs changing because of this,

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2017

Hi Warren,

I wanted to chime in really quick and say there has not been a status change in the manner you're describing.

In 99.99% of the instances I have seen this happen in the issue was caused by someone going in to a workflow and changing the name.  This will not be logged.  To fix this go ahead and go into a workflow and change the status name and it will be changed throughout the instance.

Cheers,

Branden

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2017

Branden is right - nothing changed on other Cloud instances.  I'm afraid it was one of your admins renaming something here, not Atlassian.

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2017

Yesterday afternoon we discovered that the Admin who "hadn't made any changes" had indeed renamed our statuses and created new ones. We've now gone in and reverted those changes.

Thanks again

Suggest an answer