Has the behavior of webhooks changed recently?

jshipher February 27, 2018

I have an integration that notifies users via our messaging system when they have been assigned a ticket, or there have been changes to a ticket that they are assigned to.  Perhaps most importantly this tool will message users whenever they have been mentioned in a ticket.

Powering this is a a webhook that I've had configured for about a year.  The webhook is set to trigger whenever an **issue**  is **created**, **updated**, or **deleted**.

Ive noticed that at some point in the last two weeks, that I no longer seem to receive webhooks when a comment is made to a ticket (issue).   

Prior to the last couple of weeks I whenever a comment was created I would get a webehookEvent of "jira:issue_updated" and a issue_event_type_name of 'issue_commented' or 'issue_comment_edited'.   However these events no longer appear to be sent from Jira.

Note that other events like issue created/deleted/assigned still generate webhooks, it is just comments that no longer seem to.

This is my first post here, if there is some type of info I can collect about what version of cloud jira we are running please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help.

3 answers

0 votes
Arun Vemireddy December 29, 2020

Was this answered or fixed? I am still seeing a lot of events without any body.

0 votes
EnricoC April 26, 2018

I have this problem too. Could you get any further information about some changes that have been made?

0 votes
Niklas Logren March 19, 2018

I have exactly the same problem, I also don't get "jira:issue_updated:issue_commented" or "jira:issue_updated:issue_comment_edited" anymore.

jshipher March 20, 2018

Happy to hear that it isn't just me, but disappointed that there doesn't seem to be any info forthcoming from Atlassian.

Suggest an answer