Has the ability to add the 'Actions and Operations' column on issue navigator been removed in JIRA 6.1?

Ryan Aherne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2014

Has the ability to add the 'Actions and Operations' column on issue navigator been removed in JIRA 6.1?

How do I add it?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan Aherne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2014

Looks like it has been removed or should I say the option is no longer available in 6.1.7 after ungrading. If you had the Actions column displayed before the upgrade, then you still have it. You just cannot add or remove it.

This bug has a workaround via SQL (I have not tried it yet), see JRA-35500

Workaround from JRA-35500

1. Backup the JIRA database.
  2. Stop JIRA.
  3. Run the below update query on the database:
    UPDATE propertynumber
    SET propertyvalue = 1
    FROM propertyentry
    WHERE property_key='user.show.actions.in.navigator'
    AND propertyentry.id = propertynumber.id

4. Start JIRA.
  5. Test! If there's any problems, restore the backup.
0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2014

You should be able to do it in the "List" view. Make sure you haven't already added it and you are not on the "Detail" view.

Ryan Aherne
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2014

I don't see how to add or remove it when in list view.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2014

Ah, I know what you mean now. Checked in 6.1.1 version and I don't see the option to remove Actions either. Not sure if it was removed as an option or not.

Suggest an answer