Has the Saved Filter functionality recently changed to exclude More (Custom) fields

Nicole Downes August 11, 2019

We had a saved filter working that performed a search using the Basic filter.  In addition to the standard criteria, (Project, Type, Status, Assignee) we had a field selected from the More section.  We added a value to that field. 

We performed the search, and got the expected results.  We then saved the filter, and used it for several years.  We have noticed in the past week or so, that the filter is no longer displaying the field selected from the More option (or the value we saved for that field), and we have to add that data again before running the query. 

Does anyone know of a recent change in the Saved filter (basic) operation that has resulted in the More fields no longer being saved as part of the save filter featureimage.png

2 answers

1 vote
Nicole Downes October 1, 2019

This issue has been resolved.

0 votes
Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2019

Hi @Nicole Downes ,

Maybe I misunderstand, but really filter saved in DB as JQL string e.g. 'assignee in (currentUser()) AND status not in (Closed, Confirmed)'. You can see it in advanced mode.

If You catch that filter was changed that mean someone did it. If filter was not changed but lost result for custom field I suppose some happen with custom field.

B.R.

Nicole Downes August 12, 2019

I am afraid that you have misunderstood.  We run the query in Basic mode, so that we can substitute the values in the "More" fields without having to re-select the fields each time.

Now however, when you save the query, and return to it, the "More" fields are no longer showing, and they have to be re-selected.

Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2019

Hi @Nicole Downes ,

Do You use some javascript injection? Could You please check console log in browser (F12-chrome)? Maybe some javascript crashed.

B.R.

Suggest an answer