Has anyone successfully integrated Jenkins and JIRA to auto update issues?

Victoria Hoyle May 13, 2012

I'd like to have issues updated when a build is made with a fix for an issue in Jira. I have tried this plugin for Jira https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/JIRA+Plugin but the issues aren't being updated (I do have remote API calls on). There isn't much good information out there but I imagine there are many people doing this. I have Jira 5.0 and the Marveloution Hudson integration plugin isn't supporting that version yet.

6 answers

1 vote
Joe Song September 25, 2012

What you may be missing (because I was at first) is that the Jira issue key in the VCS commit message has to be in the first line. So, something like

Some work on this wonderful feature
GHG-87

won't work, but something like

Some work on this wonderful feature, GHG-87

will be discovered by Jenkins and then update the ticket. By the way, this is working for me in an OnDemand instance of Jira. There is a bug filed for it here: https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-13494 but since it is a plug-in issue it probably requires work from the plug-in dev.

Mani September 25, 2017

Hie 

will you please share configuration relatead this please 

im getting pretty much issues on jira status updated build on jenkins

please do share

thanks 

Like Sugumar Raja likes this
0 votes
Vishwamitra Ganji December 12, 2017

Try after removing this part "latest/issue/JP-10".

Still if it doesn't work, there may be issue in your JQL query. Try with simple JQL query to test whether connection is established successfully.

0 votes
Nikola Velevski October 4, 2017

HI,

Maybe anyone could help me with this.

I want automatic transition on Jira Issue J-10, depending on the current build status in Jenkins. For example If the build in Jenkins is successful then I want Jira issue to transit in status DEV AUTOTESTING. 

I am using the Flexible Publish Plugin, in the part Post Build Actions

And when I make a build in Jenkins this error is shown. 

Unable to connect to REST service
java.io.FileNotFoundException: https://itssoftvercentar.atlassian.net/rest/api/latest/issue/JP-10.json/search?jqlFinished: FAILURE

Bellow is given a print screen from Jenkins. Is this the right way?

Capture-Jira.PNG

Ravindu Kumarasiri February 6, 2018

I haven't done this way. But I have tried with the Multi Branch Pipeline. For your case by setting the Issue Pattern as (J-[1-9][0-9]*) should pick the issue ID from the commit and update the issue.

NOTE: You need to have the Jenkins Add-on in JIRA for this to work. One more thing. Add the Jenkins to JIRA after adding the plugin from Settings->System->Application->Jenkins Configurations

Like אלי רשתי likes this
venkatamuni_k October 8, 2019

HI NIKOLA,

Do you get any resolution for your issue?

Even I'm also facing the same kind of issue.

can anyone help us ?

redlin6688 June 8, 2023

it seems that your JIRA REST Base URL is not corrent, I think just the jira base URL is ok

0 votes
Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2015

The plugin should be working fine. If you anyone still has trouble, please report issues via the Issues link available at the JIRA Plugin page mentioned above.

0 votes
Dinesh Dhinakaran
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2013

Hi we integrate the jenkins and jira successfully and configure the auto update issue options too.

Jonathan Sanchez May 9, 2013

Hi, do you can help me. Mi problem is next : https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/168192/jenkins-integrate-with-jira

Thanks for the colaboration

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2012

Can you post the screenshot for your configuration?

Mani September 25, 2017

will you please help me on this

Suggest an answer