Has anyone had any experience integrating Jira with iOBeya?

Renato Censi July 22, 2018

I'm looking for insights and experiences of successfull integrations between Jira and iObeya Visual Management tool. Meaning we want to manage all tasks in Jira and then use iObeya rather than using the boards.

2 answers

1 vote
Yoann Lheudé January 15, 2019

Hi @Renato Censi, thank you for your interest in iObeya! 

I'm the product manager of iObeya and I confirm that we provide bi-directionnal integration between iObeya and Jira allowing agile teams to reuse Jira data on their digital visual management boards.

We will be happy to learn more about your use cases and give you a quick demo of our Jira add-on. Please contact us on our website or let's connect on Linkedin.

Nicolas Lochet January 31, 2019

Hi @Yoann Lheudé, I'd be interested by having some more information on the integration you speak about. Is there a plugin for that? Can you point us to a link on the marketplace?

Thanks

Like Yoann Lheudé likes this
Paolo Bolla February 7, 2019

Hi Yoann, i'm interested on JIRA <-> iObeya integration. Can you contact me at paolo@ibuildings.it pls.

Like Yoann Lheudé likes this
Yoann Lheudé February 7, 2019

The integration does not need any extra add-on on the Jira side. We provide an add-on for iObeya that you can install & activate to be able to visualize and manipulate your Jira data collaboratively on any kind of Visual Management boards such as story map, PI program board, sprint planning, scrum board or just a whiteboard to manage your backlog for instance.

@Nicolas Lochet let's connect on linkedin or contact us through our website if you want to see iObeya in action.

Like Atlassian OSB Software likes this
Olivier MOREAU November 29, 2019

Hi Renato, Nicolas and Yoann,

Very interesting discussion.

Are there constraints in the Jira schemes for the integration in iObeya ?

For example, is it required to have a particular hierarchy of issuetypes and relationships like:

• Initiatives / Themes / Epic / User stories / Subtasks
  • Epic Links and dependencies

Or is it possible to use any kind of scheme with mappings in iObeya ?

We are currently exploring iObeya for our teams.

@Yoann Lheudé I will also try to connect on Linkedin.

Best regards,

Olivier

Yoann Lheudé May 13, 2020

Better late than never, I'm sharing the answer here, so that the Atlassian community can get more detailed information about our integration with Jira.

As of today, our integration does not require any specific add-on in Jira, the jira administrators just have to configure a new Application Link in the Jira administration interface to make the connection between the 2 systems.

Then in iObeya, end users will be able to browse their Jira projects and import any issue type defined in Jira. It's possible to customize the data that will be imported, allowing Agile teams to display on their visual management boards the information they need, even Jira custom fields.

For more information and live demos, don't hesitate to contact us on our website https://iobeya.com

Like Deleted user likes this
0 votes
Mauricio GALVEZ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2020

For the moment iObeya's team has a lot of work to do !

• Statuses are not synchronized bidirectionally
  • drag and drop transitions executed from a board are not translated as actions on JIRA, that means if you move a card from an iObeya Kanban board in the JIRA side nothing happens.
Yoann Lheudé July 15, 2020

Here is a list of some of the capabilities of the Jira connector for iObeya as of today:
- You can display any standard or custom Jira fields in iObeya to support collaboration and faster decision making, status field included.
- You have bi-directionnal synchronisation between iObeya and Jira on some standards and custom fields such as title, description, assignee, story point, priority, component, and other single valued fields without any rules nor constraints.
- You can create interactive visualization of your Jira issues automatically organized on 1 or 2 axes (ex: assignee, priority, fix version, components) and edit values with a simple drag&drop.

iObeya does not support edition of advanced fields such as Statuses or Sprints yet. Moreover you already have Jira boards to manage Sprints and Statues, thereforce it was not our #1 priority.

However at iObeya we are carefully listening Jira users and this will be available in the Summer release of our Jira connector with some other nice improvements 😎.

@Mauricio GALVEZ stay tuned during this summer!

Like Mauricio GALVEZ likes this
ashu August 10, 2020

Is there any step by step documentation for integrating jira cloud and Iobeya ?

Yoann Lheudé August 12, 2020

@ashu the integration procedure is provided within the iObeya solution for our Enterprise plan customers.

In a nutshell Jira administrators have to create a new application links to the iObeya instance using the OAuth authorization protocol. The iObeya administrators have to create a new external application in the iObeya administration interface for each Jira instances.

aswini k August 13, 2020

We don't have clue how to generate a public key. We have gone through the document provided by iobeya team, but still confused.

Like Mauricio GALVEZ likes this
Mauricio GALVEZ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2020

I had already consulted the documentation provided by iObeya and I completely agree with you that that's not enough to understand.

The generation of public-key is definitly not the most complex step when the JIRA instance is hosted in the cloud, on the other hand when the JIRA server is on-premise and the iObeya instace is in the cloud the action seems more complex .. but iObeya does not provide a how-to guide to perform this action :(

Yoann Lheudé August 13, 2020

Our support have been in touch by telephone a few hours ago with @aswini k to solve the issue and finalize the configuration.

We are constantaly improving our documentation when our customer are contacting our support team.

OAuth required a pair of private/public key and we carefully describe the procedure in the documentation.

Most of our customers are able to configure the connector in less than 15minutes when they are following carefully the steps decribed in the documentation. I will check with our support team what was the root cause of the configuration issue and we will improve the documentation accordingly.

@Mauricio GALVEZ we already have a couple of customers using a mixed approach (iObeya Cloud + Jira Server) but it requires some specific configuration on both side. There is no how-to guide available because it depends on your coporate security policies and the capability to authorize access to your Jira Server instance. Our support team remains available to help identifying the options with your IT/Security teams.

Like Karim Belmana likes this

Suggest an answer