Has anyone had a user that experiences this issue and not able to access an issue?

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2013

I have a user that is not able to access JIRA issues. He used to be able to and, when sent a URL to an issue, he gets the following screen and is never taken to the issue. He also cannot locate the issue through search. However, he is able to login to JIRA and access other issues. His permissions are correct. I have a user that is setup exactly as this user that can access the issue.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2013

Karie,

Is this what is shown to the user? Does it happen in all browsers or just IE? See:

If this has nothing to do with browsers, can you see if the user has permission to see the issue or if there is any Security Level on that issue?

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2013

His permissions are correct and align with the project permission scheme and we don't use the security levels. The user I tested with has the same licenses and groups and could access the issue in any browser.

He is an IE user. I'll check with him regarding compatibility mode once I can discuss with him; he's on travel right now. Thanks for the links!

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2013

The problem turned out that they had compatibility mode turned on; once turned off, it worked. Thanks!

Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2013

I'm glad to hear that! :)

Suggest an answer