Has anyone experienced frequent re-indexing of JIRA Cloud?

David Ross May 17, 2016

In the past several months, as an administrator I have been getting fairly frequent prompt screens in our instance of JIRA Cloud to re-index.  By "fairly frequent", it's about 2-3 times a week.  These aren't reindexes prompted by configuration changes, which are infrequent for us.  I suspect JIRA is prompting these frequent reindexes after maintenance (for both the core application and plugins, of which we have several).  

Has anyone else experienced this behavior?  I don't mind kicking off regular re-indexing but the frequency seems excessive to me.  Am I wrong?  

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Terrell May 18, 2016

I am having the same issue and mine seems to be daily.  

David Ross May 18, 2016

Thanks - yes, sometimes it can be daily for us too.  I may report it to Atlassian support to see if that's expected behavior.  

0 votes
Ting _Chiou Ting Teh_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2016

Why is indexing needed?

The purpose of storing an index is to optimise speed and performance in finding relevant documents for a search query. Therefore, we recommend to re-index after major configuration changes to reflect the changes in search indexes. Please refer to Re-indexing after major configuration changes for the detailed descriptions.

Suggest an answer