Has anyone else upgraded to 5.0.4 yet?

Brad Beaver May 8, 2012

Upgraded to 5.0.4 last night and so far we are unable to assign or close issues.

I have only been administering JIRA for a few months and have upgraded to every release with no problems but this one seems to have caused some issues.

I have attached some screenshots.

Any suggestions?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brad Beaver May 8, 2012

Reinstalling JIRA 5.0.4 resolved my issues. However, I had to help the install along.

First, I encountered a error with the zip file creation during the backup of the install and system folders. I manually stopped the JIRA service before launching the installer to resolve that.

Second, I encountered a folder/file creation issue with "attach.dll". I had to manually created the "JIRA" foler under "C:\Program File (x86)\Atlassian\" in order for the new install to continue.

Other than that the install completed successfully and JIRA is operating normally.

0 votes
Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2012

I have upgraded to this same version (from version 5.0.0) and now all literals show up as their variable names.

Things like "workflow.designer.toggle.labels" instead of "Toggle Labels" in the workflow designer and alike appear.

Also: I use a multi-lingual installation (Spanish - US English) and with this upgrade the system got confused and now mixes Spanish and English texts througout the application.

Some help would be great!

thanks,

Jacques.

0 votes
Brad Beaver May 8, 2012

Could not execute action

[AssignIssue]:com.atlassian.jira.bc.issue.comment.CommentService.isValidCommentBody(Ljava/lang/String;Lcom/atlassian/jira/util/ErrorCollection;Z)Z<p><small><small><pre>java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.bc.issue.comment.CommentService.isValidCommentBody(Ljava/lang/String;Lcom/atlassian/jira/util/ErrorCollection;Z)Z at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CommentSystemField.validateCreateComment(CommentSystemField.java:362) at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CommentSystemField.validateParams(CommentSystemField.java:324) at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.AbstractCommentableIssue.doCommentValidation(AbstractCommentableIssue.java:88) at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.AssignIssue.doValidation(AssignIssue.java:89) at webwork.action.ActionSupport.validate(ActionSupport.java:391) at webwork.action.ActionSupport.execute(ActionSupport.java:162) at com.atlassian.jira.action.JiraActionSupport.execute(JiraActionSupport.java:82) at webwork.interceptor.DefaultInterceptorChain.proceed(DefaultInterceptorChain.java:39) at webwork.interceptor.NestedInterceptorChain.proceed

Suggest an answer